We hereby define our philosophy on personal information protection.
Amway Japan GK has established as follows, and will implement, the Personal Information Protection Policy with regard to the personal information of our customers (consumers, ABOs, and Prime Customers), suppliers and staffs which is handled by us during the course of the operation of our business. We hereby declare that we commit ourselves to improve and enhance this policy by reviewing it from time to time as required.
- 1. With respect to the handling of any personal information, we will develop a management system which complies with the applicable Japan Industry Standard entitled “Requirement for Personal Information Protection Management Systems (JISQ15001)” and will comply with such system and will enforce it under strict control.
- 2. We will observe the laws and regulations and other applicable codes regarding the protection of personal information.
- 3. We will acquire, use and provide personal information with thorough consideration to the nature and the size of our business.
- 4. We will acquire the personal information through lawful and fair means, and will not acquire it through any improper means under any circumstances.
- 5. We will use the personal information only to the extent of the consent given by the person who is the subject of the personal information, and only the person who is authorized for a specific operation will use it to the extent necessary for such operation, and will implement necessary measures.
- 6. We will take reasonable and effective measures to prevent any leakage, loss or destruction of personal information, and will implement necessary remedial actions.
- 7. In case we deposit the handling of any personal information to an outside entity who is retained to provide any service to us, we will investigate whether such entity conforms with the standard we establish, and will take necessary management measures by executing a written agreement with such entity.
- 8. In case we provide any personal information we possess to any third party, we will do so after we obtain the consent of the relevant person unless otherwise stipulated by law.
- 9. When any person who is the subject of the personal information possessed by us makes a request that we disclose, correct, add, delete, discontinue the use of, discontinue the provision to third parties of, or erase, such information, we will accommodate such request without delay to the extent reasonable.
- 10. We will address any matters regarding handling of personal information and/or measures against protection of personal information by establishing consultation service for complaints and inquiries.
- 11. We will continuously review and improve the Personal Information Protection Management System.
Enacted on March 1, 2005
Revised on March 1, 2020
Amway Japan G. K.
Contact information regarding the content of the Personal Information Protection Policy:
7-1 Udagawa cho, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo
Advice hotline: 0120-123-777